It’s been another busy week here in Castle Coop…
The Village Hall boiler has given up the ghost. There is no heating for the pilates classes and worse, no hot water for the washing up after our post-pilates coffee & brownies.
Our loyal readers will be delighted to hear that The Graf and Lady Egality Maran lost no time in resolutely stepping up to the mark to resolve the Village Hall boiler crisis. They have been working their heads off co-authoring yet another excellent guide in The Awesome Hen’s popular ‘6 Easy Steps’ Series! We are very proud to preview the abridged edition here in this newsletter for you. All monies raised by the sale of the guide will be donated to the Village Hall New Boiler Fund. As with the previous guides published by the Castle Coop duo, copies with a foreword written & signed by Lord Eftie Nudge, may be ordered in advance from Castle Coop Castle.
Alternatively, unsigned copies may be bought from villagers taking part in Castle Coop’s Open Gardens during the last weekend of July.
The Awesome Hen’s Guide to achieving all your goals in 6 easy steps. (copyright: The Graf & Lady Egality 2016)
Introduction: How many of us muddle along aimlessly through life? In this little guide, we have endeavoured to help you fill your life with purpose. Learn about forethought and planning, sign up for our Life map reading course, . read our guide for goal setting and attainment. Take our 6 easy steps & start checking off those goals!
- Decide on your goals & write them down.
- Keep on the list only those goals which are both realistic & achievable; ruthlessly cull the rest.
- Set out the tasks needed to make these goals a reality in an orderly list.
- Assemble all equipment required to perform each task on your list in advance. Doing so will ensure you give yourself the best chance of success. If by nature you incline to a more haphazard approach, please bear in mind that neither Valerie Singleton nor Konnie Huq ever embarrassed themselves by having to interrupt the Blue Peter show to nip out to the shops because they’d run out of fairy liquid bottles & sticky-back plastic.
- With list and equipment assembled, get cracking on those targets. Go to it! Pull out all the stops! Work your head off to make your dream happen!
- Remember (for what it’s worth..)
- Ad astra per ardua!
- Fortune favours the brave!
- There’s many a slip ‘twixt cup & lip!
- Rome wasn’t built in a day!
- If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again!
- In conclusion: We hope that reading this guide will transform your life. We should like to thank all those without whose hard work, this guide would never have be written. All rights reserved.
Tried and Tested? Castle Coop Villagers commissioned!
In the interests of integrity, The Awesome Hen’s latest addition to the ‘6 Easy Steps’ series of guidebooks was of course, thoroughly tested on your behalf before publication.
Trev the Rev, Brown Owl and Liberty Hen all undertook to follow the guide’s instructions meticulously and agreed to report back saying whether or not they’d achieved their goals successfully.
This month’s Prize Competition!
Below are the lists of personal goals which Trev the Rev, Brown Owl and Liberty Hen all drew up in an effort to achieve them by following TAH’s latest ‘6 Easy Steps’ guide. The first reader to match each list to its correct author will win a virtual bottle of fizz. Please send all competition entries to: The Editor, TAH, Castle Coop.
Disclaimer: no Castle Coop villager is allowed to submit more than one entry (see reg. 1034)
Which villager wrote which list?
‘Choosing the possible?’
A personal journey towards either success or failure… (by Liberty Hen)
Following the ‘6 Easy Steps’ guide’s advice as to how to achieve my goals, I ruthlessly culled all the impossible ones & admired the orderly appearance of the two words left on my list in a nice, neat, straight line. Fired by enthusiasm and hope I embraced the idea of hard work, tenacity and grit; in a jiffy I was fearlessly tackling the ‘Assemble all equipment required to perform each task on your list in advance’ step. . Hurrah!
First piece of essential equipment: An exciting Met Office report.
Second piece of essential equipment: An essential recipe.
I had to ask The Agent to go rooting about in the attic for the deck chair (third piece of essential equipment). Unfortunately several encounters with cobwebs made him rather grumpy for a short while but harmonious relations were re-established quickly.
Result: Success! A win for The Graf and Lady Egality! I am delighted to attest that having meticulously taken the advice set out in their really excellent new guide, I am now able to be happy in the sunshine. Yay!
Why not try their methods out for yourself & transform your life in 6 easy steps?
Yours on behalf of our crack Editorial Team here at The Awesome Hen,